Kronos Incorporated and IBM (NYSE:IBM) today announced a collaboration that brings together the next-generation capabilities of Workforce Dimensions by Kronos and IBM Watson Talent. Together, this collaboration will help improve the engagement, performance, career development, and retention of hourly workers and simplify the complex task of managing this important segment of the global workforce.
- According to the S. Department of Labor, 58 percent of the U.S. workforce aged 16 and older – over 80 million people – are paid by the hour. Kronos, a leader in workforce management and human capital management solutions with 35,000 customers and 40 million daily users, and IBM Watson, a world leader in artificial intelligence (AI) software, services, and technology for business, will combine their expertise to deliver innovative opportunities to help address the unique needs of hourly employees and their managers.
- The collaboration will include the Watson Career Coach technology leveraging Workforce Dimensions data to deliver communications and workforce management, including shift scheduling, personalized training recommendations, and career coaching powered by Watson AI – all accessible over mobile devices.
- Employees will be able to interact with the Watson Career Coach technology, via chat, for guidance on career pathing and open opportunities for advancement, as well as training courses and milestones required to receive a raise or promotion.
- Kronos welcomes IBM to the Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program. The Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program fosters close collaboration in the delivery of first-to-the-world workforce functionality utilizing the leading open application programming interface framework of the revolution Workforce Dimensions solution and its underlying future-ready Kronos D5 platform.
- Mike May, senior director, Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner Program, Kronos
“The Kronos-IBM collaboration helps employees and managers navigate common but often-challenging workforce management situations quickly and more naturally. The power of Workforce Dimensions and Kronos D5 combined with the intelligence of IBM Watson allows everyone to work smarter by understanding the intent beyond common time and attendance or scheduling questions, suggesting a path forward for development and mutual success.”
- Aarti Borkar, vice president, product management and design, IBM Watson Talent
“Together, IBM and Kronos are leveraging the power of Watson AI and Kronos leadership in workforce solutions to improve the engagement, development, and growth of hourly workers and to provide actionable insight to the people who manage them. The opportunity to serve this important segment of our global workforce, and the enterprises who rely on hourly workers, is significant and a major commitment for both our companies.”
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas. See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks across all social media channels.
- Step into immersive innovation at the KronosWorks Expo Hall to see more Workforce Dimensions Technology Partner applications built on Kronos D5 and view demos from Facebook, IBM, Microsoft, Passport, Phobio, CartaHR, and Even in the Innovation Theater.
- As part of Kronos “Get Social. Give Back.” campaign, every attendee who posts a picture on Twitter or Instagram with #KronosWorks will help Kronos build a large mosaic onsite in real-time. Once complete, Kronos will donate $20,000 to The American Red Cross to aid disaster relief efforts.
- Wondering how to engage your workforce? Putting people first isn’t just good for employees – it’s good for business. Kronos CEO Aron Ain shares how we did it in his book, WorkInspired: How to Build an Organization Where Everyone Loves to Work.
- Subscribe to follow The Workforce Institute at Kronos for insight, research, blogs, and podcasts on how organizations can manage today’s modern workforce to drive engagement and performance.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.